What Are Teeth Implants?
Teeth implants are often referred to as dental implants. They are designed to replace missing teeth. Teeth implants in Macon, GA, are made of titanium. The implants are surgically placed into your jawbone.
Steps Involved in Getting Teeth Implants
The first thing that the dentist will do is make sure that dental implants are right for you. After that, they will schedule an appointment for the surgery. The implants will have to fuse with your jawbone. This is a process that is known as osseointegration.
After the implant has healed, you can get your artificial tooth. If you only have one missing tooth, then you will get a crown. You will get a bridge or dentures if you have several missing teeth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
• Improved appearance: The implants look and feel like your real teeth.
• Improved speech: You will not have to worry about implants falling out your mouth. You will also be able to enunciate words properly.
• Improved comfort: The implants are a permanent part of your mouth, so they are comfortable to wear.
• Easier eating: You can eat without worrying about the implants slipping out.
• Improved oral health: The dentist will not have to extract any of your other teeth.
• Durability: Dental implants can last for several years if you take good care of them.
• High success rate: Dental implants have a 98 percent success rate.
Risks of Dental Implant Surgery
The dental implant surgery is safe. However, it does have risks. Serious complications are rare and can usually be treated easily. The following are risks that you need to be aware of.
• Infection in the implant site
• Damage to the surrounding tissue
• Nerve damage
• Sinus problems
Caring for Your Dental Implants
Teeth implants in Macon, GA, do not require a lot of extra care. All you have to do is practice good oral hygiene and see your dentist on a regular basis. You should also avoid chewing on hard items. Additionally, you should avoid smoking.